Cedar Planked Sockeye Salmon
Cedar Plank Sockeye Salmon
One of the best combinations of flora and fauna returns with this classic cedar plank recipe. With a wonderful hint of cedar flavor, a bed of rosemary, and a sprinkle or two of spices we find our mouths watering once again.
- 4 Copper River salmon steaks, cut to desired portion size (can substitute fillets or portions)
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- 1 cedar grilling plank
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Soak the cedar plank in water for at least one hour before use
- Coat each side of the salmon steaks with olive oil and arrange on the cedar plank
- Place sprigs of fresh rosemary underneath and in between the salmon steaks
- Mix all the spices together and sprinkle the mixture evenly across the salmon steaks
- Place the cedar plank on grill or campfire grate over coals for cooking, avoid cooking over open flames
- When flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork, remove from heat and serve
Chef's notes - This recipe pairs well with Erath Winery Pinot Noir. The vanilla and dark cherry notes of this wine compliment the smokiness of the cedar plank and rosemary.
Click the button below to download our recipe card with these instructions.